Wednesday, March 9, 2016

7 weeks

Ahh...we're having a baby!!

How far along? 7 weeks
How big is the peanut? the size of a blueberry
Total weight gain/loss? -5
Maternity clothes? No
Sleep? Enjoying sleeping on my stomach while I can
Symptoms? Nauseous, tired, sore
Food cravings? None
Food aversions? Grilled chicken
Gender? Probably a girl :)
What I miss? Running
What I'm looking forward to? Everything
Milestones? Heard baby's heartbeat, 175!
Bump? How can that be?! Baby's a blueberry, but I feel like I have a bump. 


Hello, baby!

With my medical history, the fact that I was having some bleeding and cramping, and my high risk status for pregnancy, they decided it best to do an early ultrasound today to ensure baby wasn't ectopic. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen watching this little baby, no bigger than a blueberry, with its rapidly beating heart fluttering inside its chest. Our tech marked out the heart rate at a healthy 175 and ensured us the symptoms I was having are normal. Having had 3 previous babies, I was worried, because nothing this time around seems "normal" for what I know of my body. However, I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that, perhaps, now that I am deemed with "advanced maternal age" my head needs to align more with my body. Nah...maybe we'll chalk this one up to being a boy. :) I am bummed to hang up my running shoes for a while, (especially now that the weather should finally start warming up) but it's worth it.


No comments: