Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Turkey trot 2017

I have always heard great things about the Turkey Trot in Marion, so this year my sister and I laced up and checked it out. It was a chilly 34 degree start, but the smell of victory pancakes was enough to get us excited about this 8k and left us considering making it an annual event. The route was nice and flat until one doozy of a hill through the cemetery in the last half mile. It was upbeat, organized and bribed us with food...what more could you ask for with a race!? We finished with plenty of time to enjoy our pancakes before heading off to the girls' early morning basketball games. 

Staying warm with Turkey Tom until the race starts.

#WillPower carried us through once again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you ran it! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. That last hill...ugh. My legs were just weight. I'm surprised we didn't run into each other, but everyone was so bundled up. It was hard to tell who anyone was that morning!