Monday, November 21, 2016

Signs

I am a firm believer that if we take the time to ponder life and its circumstances, there are signs to help us decipher which path we should take in life. Since before Will was born, we knew that God had marked our little boy's soul for heaven. Then once he was born, it became clearer to us, as He had marked Will's body as well. 


Though we hoped for far more time with Will, God reminded us each time we looked at him that 'our Will,' was really 'God's Will.' The 'g' on his head, even when healed, reminded us that he was never ours to keep. As much as we worried over this wound and keeping down infection, it presented such a comfort to me as well. There are so many things like this that I read in to, that I know are nothing, but to me they are something. 

The day each of our kids were born, we read the bible verse that corresponded to their birth date. I was curious if it would hold clues as to the type of people these tiny humans would grow up to be. As their lives unfold, they seem so fitting to each of them. Finally, when Will was born, we shared with them what "their" verse was. They were in awe. 

Grace (April 12): 1 Timothy 4:12
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

As Grace prepares to read at Will's funeral tomorrow, I can't help but think she will be 'setting an example for the believers in speech', and I am so proud of her courage.

Emma (March 23): Colossians 3:23
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

There is no doubt that Emma pours her heart in to everything she does. 

Norah (May 27): Psalm 27:5
"For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock."

I take comfort knowing that whatever life holds for Norah, she will be safe. I wonder if this isn't coming to fruition in knowing that she is too young to really comprehend what is happening in our lives right now. I love that she is old enough to always be able to remember Will and that she is a big sister, but not fully understanding the pain that goes along with losing him. 

Will (Sept 20): Romans 9:20
"But who are you, a human being, to talk back to to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"

Given that Will was born 'different' than most, I think we were all a bit shocked when we first read his verse. It just seemed so fitting, as for the longest time I think we did question, "why?" 

So as we prepare for our goodbyes tomorrow, we will continue to search for signs of healing. 

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

"Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of His saints." Psalm 115:15. Your story has God's fingerprints all over it - thank you for sharing it with all of us and may He continue to be very present as you walk out your lives here until you walk with Will again in heaven.

Jodi said...

I am so, so sorry for your family's loss. Sweet Will has left his mark here for sure...even on those he'd yet to meet and some who don't even know your family personally. Sending love and prayers for you and all those who hold Will dear. And those "things you read into" that some would say are nothing...I'm confident that they are something...something great. God has Will and your whole family wrapped tightly in His care. God bless. ♡
P.S. the verses for your children are absolute amazing...way more than a mere cooincidences I'm sure. ;)