Sunday, June 3, 2018

First day of Sumner

Summer is here!! Last Friday I buttoned up my classroom and though I’m ready for a break, I’m excited at what the fall holds. I will be spending the summer writing curriculum for 2 new classes that I am teaching in the fall (one psych class and one business class) and also revamping my curriculum for my Spanish classes since we are moving to block scheduling. Lots of big changes in the fall, but I am excited for new opportunities and challenges.
Summer won’t be all curriculum though…we’re ready to enjoy! We started our first day of summer swimming with friends in their pool! Since the local pools haven’t opened yet, it was a fun preview to the water fun that awaits this summer. We’re finding our summer routine and we’re enjoying our slower mornings. Emma has her gardens all planted (squash, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries) and though it’s a lot of work, we’re enjoying the beautiful gardens at our new house. It’s hard to believe we’re coming up on a year being in the new place. Fingers crossed we have a yummy harvest filling our tummies soon (and not our deer friends). 

No comments: